- See Downtown Berkeley Map for view of Downtown, transit, parking and amenities.
- See all the up to date Downtown Berkeley Parking info for locations, hours and rates. For quick view or download
- See Visit Berkeley Map for view of entire City and other commercial areas.
- See UC Berkeley Campus for view of campus and adjoining areas including the Downtown.
- Visit the Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board page for the most current information on office hours and the availability of in-person services.
- Check out and download the latest edition of our Downtown Berkeley Welcome Guide.
Downtown Berkeley is twenty-five block neighborhood at the center of Berkeley, just west of the UC Berkeley Campus, a short walk to Telegraph Ave, and North Shattuck/Gourmet Ghetto, and a bit further to the Elmwood, Lorin, and 4th Street commercial districts.
Approximately 6,000 people live Downtown Berkeley--with many more on the way—with thousands more in surrounding neighborhoods.
Downtown is also home to tremendous variety of restaurants, pubs, bars, theatres, music venues, museums, shopping, services, etc. Walk to What’s Next. Downtown Berkeley is your place to explore!
Our new BART Plaza on Shattuck between Center and Allston is the central transit portal, pedestrian crossroads, and town square for the Downtown. And the new Center Street Garage
Downtown Berkeley is part of City Council District 4 and is represented by Councilmember Kate Harrison.