Promotion & Business Support
The DBA provides marketing, promotion and business support services for the district as follows:
- New Downtown Berkeley brand and messaging: It Starts Here…Taste, Create, Experience
- 88 colorful “Taste”, “Create” and “Experience” banners installed throughout the Downtown
- New DowntownBerkeley.com website promoting district including directory of retail businesses
- Downtown Berkeley brochures paper and online promoting Dining, Arts & Entertainment, Shopping & Services, and Map & Transportation
- Regular enews about happenings in the Downtown to over 2,000 subscribers
- Regular Facebook and Twitter postings about happenings in the Downtown
- Periodic press releases and/or story development with local media promoting exciting changes in the Downtown
Other DBA business support services include:
- Partner in Berkeley Startup Cluster with City of Berkeley, UC Berkeley, Berkeley Chamber of Commerce
- Partner in Locate in Berkeley with City and other partner for online database of commercial, office, and industrial spaces, sortable by Downtown.
- Working with City and other partners improve parking and other transportation resources for the Downtown.
- Assistance with for existing businesses in dealing with key issues with City and other partners.
- Assistance in working with City to bring new business, developments to Downtown.
- Work with Visit Berkeley, City of Berkeley, Berkeley Chamber of Commerce and other partners to bring more visitors, residents, and businesses to Downtown Berkeley.