Downtown Berkeley is for Lovers! Friday, February 14th, at 5:00pm - Mass Wedding and a drawing for three couples to win a mini-honeymoon!
The Downtown Berkeley Association invites ALL lovers – gay, lesbian, straight, and other – to say “I Do” at Downtown Berkeley BART Plaza in front of their friends, family and the Berkeley community, with the chance to win a mini-honeymoon in Downtown Berkeley. Weddings will be performed by licensed officiates: Berkeley City Council Member Darryl Moore, Berkeley School Board Member Judy Appel, and Berkeley Chamber CEO Polly Armstrong. DJ O Aces will be spinning romantic tunes for the couple’s first dance. And after the ceremonies there will be three drawings for the instant honeymoon.
Audience participation is key to the drawing for the mini-honeymoons. Every person in attendance at the mass wedding will have a chance to cast their vote for one couple—so bring lots of friends! Ballots will be drawn from three containers, and one gay couple, one lesbian, and one straight couple will each win a mini honeymoon. The more ballots cast for a couple, the better chance they have at winning! Once the winners have been chosen, all will be invited to the Hotel Shattuck Plaza for wedding reception for champagne and cake (guests are asked to pay a small fee for admission). Also each winning couple gets a souvenier bouquet from Darling Flower shop!
The mini-honeymoon includes:
- 2 nights at Hotel Shattuck Plaza
- Late Friday night dinner at Eureka!
- Breakfast in Bed at Hotel Shattuck Plaza
- Saturday lunch at BUILD Pizzeria Roma
- A romantic couple's massage at Milagro Massage Studios
- Dinner at FIVE restaurant
- Saturday night tickets to “The House that will not Stand” at the Berkeley Rep
- Sunday matinee tickets “Endless Love” at Landmark Shattuck Cinemas
Thanks to our Marketing Partners:
Rules & Regulation to enter to win the mini-honeymoon:
- Couples must register by emailing info [at] downtownberkeley.com OR register at BART Plaza between 3:30 and 4:30pm on the day of the event